Monday, October 29, 2012

How much data can a 4GB usb flash drive hold?

I was wondering why my 4GB usb flash drive always display not enough to 4G to use, when I open the flash drive inside folders, there is nothing, so I thought it should be 4G left, instead of what I saw as 3.69G left, didn't remember that actual number now, about 3.70, that's it.

I wondered that for a long time, then googled online to find the answer, so just share what I found.
So it is the usb flash drive need some space to store its own firmware essential for user's operation, it's usually about 287MB.
I got this information from this site by googling:
http://www.flashbay.com/support/faq/usb-drive-data-capacity

So, you will find your 4GB USB Flash Drive or solid state drive has 3809MB (3.72GB) available for user storage. Can store about 1904 photos, or 952 MP3s or 7.62 feature length films in Mpeg format.
(Assumed the average photo size is 2MB, the average Mp3 size is 4MB and the average film video size is 500MB. )

Sometimes, the USB flash drive firmware storage differs a little when it comes to different manufatures, usually about 287MB, 0.28G, then the others are yours use storage, so obviously it's less than 4G if your USB flash drive is 4G capacity.
Below attach some funny and cute USB flash drives:


















more cool USB flash drives, you can check out here:
http://www.budgetgadgets.com/advanced_search_result.php?perpage=100&keywords=usb%20flash%20drive



bella
www.budgetgadgets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment